Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Monday, April 24, 2006


Beyond Good Intentions

Several of you have asked me why I am going to Ukraine. That sounds like a simple enough question, but the answer is so complex. How can you see a need and feel as though you can help and not act? For those of you who viewed the video on the children in Africa, do those voices not still haunt you? Do you remember the boy who asked if you would forget about him? The need is so great in Africa, Ukraine, here. The best I can explain, God opened the door and I am walking through. He is testing me and I am testing Him. I reflect on Christ's time on earth and understand that He was not a man of wealth or stature. His impact on those He met was felt in the words that He spoke, in the hands that He touched them with, and the love that He shared. I can do that. I can speak, touch, and love these children because He has done that for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger patti said...

Yes, I remember the cries...I remember their haunting crying once they were allowed to cry. I admire so much what you are doing...walking through your fear and pushing through to what God wants you to do. The invisible chidren video has stuck with me and yet I dont know what do to about it...you are actually doing something!
Im praying for you ahead of when you are going...that God would make smooth the rough places
i love you!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Goes On Runs said...

patti says it best - that god would make smooth the rough places....that he would calm the fears, that he would quiet the storm, and when the storm ceases to calm, that he would be bigger than the waves and calm your heart...... this is kathy sweet, by the way..... may the lord increase your bravery by growing your view of him.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home