Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. -Matthew 25:35

Several of you have approached us with concerns and questions about our intention to have Kristina in our home. I thought I should address your concerns as I know you care for us and only want to insure our family's well being. You should know that adoption is not a new concept for our family. Robert and I have talked and prayed about this for years. Almost two years ago we included the children in our plan and they began praying as well. Its a topic of open discourse in our household. My trip to Ukraine was not the beginning spark, but the fanning of a small flame.

As exciting as this summer promises to be, we are aware of the challenges that lay ahead of us. We are inviting a seventh sinner into our already adept brood of sinners. And while she is a charming and sweet little girl, she is also a child that has felt hunger, fear, and abandonment in her young life. She will have issues due to the institutionalized life of the orphanage. She will take a plane ride for the first time in her life and spend 10 weeks in a foreign place with people who speak a foreign language. She is by far, the bravest person I know. There will be ups and downs as we adjust to each other. Pray for Kristina that her adjustment will be as painless as possible. Pray that God opens her heart to trust us and to understand that we love her.

This summer will be an extended experiment in pure religion. I can't look at Kristina and not think of God's redemptive plan for mankind. There is nothing this little girl has to offer us. And yet, I think that at one time I stood before God in the same way. Knowing that I had nothing to offer, He embraced me as His own daughter and made me an heir to His kingdom. Pray that she is a slightly less rebellious daughter than I have been to my Father. Pray that we will have the wisdom to "mother" and "father" her. Pray that the children will have an extra portion of graciousness and patience. Pray for this stranger.

3 Comments:

Blogger Goes On Runs said...

praying, praying, praying....... at least intermittently.... les - i am thrilled that your family is so willing to embrass this little girl with all of your own weaknesses and limitations. it will be a humbling summer as you experience your own greatest need for our savior as you prayerfully try and show kristina her greatest need for the same thing. it may get ugly but i pray boldly that the beauty & majesty of the conquering king will reign supreme!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger patti said...

I love that you are aware of what lies ahead of you...much joy, but also much work. Ive often tried to put myself in Kristinas shoes the past few days and wonder what it will be like for her. You are awesome and God will go before you and is going before you even now to smooth out the details. if anything this has been a true lesson in What God can do with a willing heart! xooxox P

Friday, May 26, 2006 9:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh mrs. landrum you got my prayers! ill be praying everyday for you and her and your family!! ahh i cant wait to meet her!! she sounds soo sweeet and very braves!! everything will go well because this is was God loves us to do and he will bless you in whatever you do mrs. landrum!! ahh im so excited for you!!
~sara

Monday, May 29, 2006 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home