Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Sunday, May 14, 2006


Today was my first day back helping with Sunday School; I work with the 3-5 year olds. I sat watching as Kitty taught the lesson and thought about the sweet children seated before her. This is the age range that I was sure I would adopt from. But seven days later, my mind returns to an eleven year old girl somewhere in Ukraine. People have asked me, "Why her?" And I must admit that I don't know why. Why her rather than the other hundreds of children who crossed my path? I did not choose her. I only know that God knitted my heart to hers in that short period of time. On Mother's Day I refect on the the mysterious nature of the bond between mother and child. I always thought it was the result of nine months of intimate contact. Most mothers feel an immediate connection because there are nine months of getting attached to the soul that is linked to you and dependant on you every moment of every day. But now that I have met Kristina, I understand what I think most adoptive parents know: a child does not have to grow under your heart in order to grow in your heart. I have lost track of the number of people that have said to me, "You have to adopt her!" Don't think I haven't tried to work through that in my mind. I am just trying to find a way to get her here this summer. Thank you for your encouaging words and your unfailing belief that she will come. Your faith gives me hope.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your entries make me smile :)

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:27:00 AM  
Blogger patti said...

tell us what you need for this summer...what do you need done...honey I got friends in low places....LOL!!!!

Monday, May 15, 2006 6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Goes On Runs said...

the sweets are coming in july and can't wait to meet this little girl. les - i am moved to humble prayers for your family - prayers for wisdom, discernment, courage, and confirmation. i pray that you and robert may have hearts that are united by what god is doing in you. i pray that your kids my be confirmation that is above what you have imagined to ask for. "call to me and i will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." -jer 33:3 god is faithful to complete what he has started - even if it is not have kristina join your family permanently.... she will always be knit in your heart - that is easy to see. it would be amazing if she did become a landrum, though! and what an awesome family to join......a family that really knows god - saints that fall and get back up!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I'm one of Kristina's old friends in Mississippi!! My friend Jordan and I are looking for ways to contact her, b/c we never got a chance!! If you see this, please tell her Jordan and Izzy said hi!! Sorry, can't leave our cell phone numbers and email on the internet. >.< But we'll find a way to contact each other!

Friday, November 06, 2009 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home