Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. -James 1:27

I am amazed at watching the hand of God move. I thought that I would come home and Ukraine would be a bittersweet dream. I thought that hopefully the hearts of my students would be moved and maybe we could plan a trip together. But in the three days since I arrived home, God has not waited for me to move. He is moving despite me.

Christina has been on my heart at every moment. I stand in Hannah's doorway and watch her sleep and I can see Christina sharing her room. I look in the rearview mirror of the car and I can see her sitting between the boys. We sit down to dinner and I can see her in the empty chair at our table. And so I did a very foolish thing. I sent an e-mail to the Ukriane and told them to petition for her visa. I asked them to let her come and be with us for the three weeks this summer. How will this work? How will we do this? I have no idea.

This morning I checked my e-mail and there was a message from the Ukraine. The message said that Christina could come for the entire summer. Not three weeks, but the entire summer. I can hardly wrap my brain around it. My mind races as I imagine being with her as she experiences so many things for the first time: church, riding a bicycle, fireworks, family.

Yet, in the midst of my celebrating, God has brought me low. He has humbled me. I am a prideful person and I don't like to ask for help; to ask for help would be to admit weakness. But I am asking for help now. I am asking for Christina. Please pray. Please pray fervently. The cost of having Christina come for the entier summer will be $4000.00. That is no small sum of money. But I know we serve a God who holds all things in His hands. Pray.

3 Comments:

Blogger patti said...

He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...4000 dollars is nothing for him!!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mrs. landrum we can do it!! we are so goin to raise that money next week! im making fliers this weekend and calling people about the bake sale and who to bake stuff!!we will do our best throughout the whole week and raise that money for christina! we can do it!!
~sara

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. L! That would be so cool if Christina could come to the summer, but I really want you to adopt her. You look so happy in the pics with her. It was meant to be. You have to tell me Christina's story. Your whole blog was so touching. I really think that God wants you to adopt Christina.
xoxo,
Anna P.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home