Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Monday, May 01, 2006

McDonald's is still McDonald's No Matter Where you are in the World

Hey, all! I have about 15 min before I am on the run again and I will try and post a bit ofwhat we have done in that short time (pardon the typos). So we spent several hours at orphange #9 this morning and had a ball. I can't wait to show you the pictures of these precious children. Then we took the children from Orphange #5 to a local park that had bumper cars and bounce houses and such and just let them play. Then we took then to McDonald's for lunch. Compared to teh gruel they were picking at last night when we were at their home, this was Del Frisco's! It was so much fun to watch these little kids wolf down Big Mac meals! After lunch we took them to the movies. Dr. R does this everytime he comes here (about 3-4 times a year). It was utter bliss for them. I swear Dr. R is Santa Claus in disguise. The kids see him walk in the orphange and they shout his name in their thick Ukrainian accents. He is truely one individual that has changed the lives of hundreds of orphan children, and I'm not talking about the lunch and outing. But more on that later. So I just wanted to say hi and thank you for your notes. Hearing from home truely makes a difference. Mandie-keep those guys in line for me. Tell them I am counting on them this week. I love you all!

4 Comments:

Blogger patti said...

OOOOOOOOOOo I love it I love it I love it! Cant wait to see pictures. Your absence is felt around here today...I miss you but think you are doing something amazing. Were you able to give the items to the children or do they need to be giving to the people in charge to distribute!
I am so glad you are there!!! xooxox P

Monday, May 01, 2006 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger patti said...

I know...im like your frequent communicator..I cant stop reading!! Its like a great story that Im dying to read a new chapter for. We read your blogtoday for devotions and then read the entire thing for LMS...I wish you could have seen how attentive they were..there was not a single noise in the room. They were so rapt with attentionb and qu8estions!!
Stephaie Gagnon said she would be very intereted to knjow how to do something similar. She wants me to give you her email address so that you could eventually hook up with her (athenahorse@yahoo.com)
It was interesting and it made me think about how when we step out of our comfort zones then we have a ripple effect!!

Kim says....MCDONALDS!! MCDONALDS!!! She goes half way around the world and has mc DONALDSA!!!!
xooxox love to you my sister xooxox P

Monday, May 01, 2006 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am an addict! I check the blog at least 6x a day! I can see you playing on the playground like one of the kids - having a ball! We made it through one whole day of school without you. What a long week it will be!

Monday, May 01, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh mrs. landrum we all miss you so much!! ahh it sounds like ur enjoying ur time up their!! aww i hope to see pictures of the children soon!! they sound so cute!have fun!!
~sara

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home