Free Web Counter
Montana DSL Providers


Click for Odessa, Ukraine Forecast

There's a story here.
If you're interested in how all of this started, click on the April archives below right.
Start from the beginning and see what our God has done.
The Orphans of Ukraine

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord. -Psalm 104:34

I think I'm nesting. I didn't realize it until Robert asked me why I was a whirlwind of activity in the two days I have had off since school let out. Yesterday I worked in the yard weeding, mowing, and pruning. No big deal; we're so busy during the school year that I don't get time to keep up with the yard. It was time our house didn't look deserted! But this morning I popped out of bed and went straight to the boys' room. I pulled everything out of their closets. Everything. Every toy, book, shoe, and article of clothing. It was a major purging (or exorcism). Three hours later we had four large bags of outgrown clothes and toys for the Bible Thrift Center. It felt good to do some spring cleaning. Then Hannah and I started on her room. As we went through her things, we unconsciously left a drawer empty here, some extra hangers and a closet shelf vacant there. Hannah came across a box of hair clips and bows that no longer work in her cropped summer haircut; but she tucked them away knowing Kristina's hair is a little longer.

So I started to make a list today of the things we can do with Kristina this summer. While we want to lavish her with all the experience her American summer allows, we also want to be practical. Staying in our home and riding in the SUV are going to a major change of scenery. While we plan to take some outings to the zoo, bowling, camping, swimming, 4th of July, etc., I also want her to become familiar with the day in and day out of the Landrum household. It will be fun to see things for the first time through her eyes. So what's your advice? Anything Kristina needs to see or do while she's here?

1 Comments:

Blogger patti said...

Ummmmmmmmmm...lets just say that seeing the four Landrum men eating cereal is NOT on the list! I laughed so hard Leslie when you told me about that! HILARIOUS! HMmmmmmmmm what to do with her...I bet she is gonna live the simple things like sleeping in a soft bed with yummy sheets and watching movies and just enjoying being LOVED by a family! xoxoxoxo

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home